Friday 20 April 2012

Happpy Birthday me!


Well waddya know, I just turned 22 a few days ago. Woot woot!

I didn’t really expect to be able to celebrate, let alone frolic on my big day, thanks to our pretty tight schedule. *Killjoy!* Even the night before my birthday we had something going on, something academic and entirely too unawesome even for a medical student’s liking. But hey, Yoga, Ee Theng and Kamini, being thoughtful as always, managed to kidnap me right after the boring event and tried their best to make the night to be quite a birthday celebration. They said, never in a million years would they allow me to sit in my room all alone (although I do have a roommate) on my birthday. Aww...isn't that just flattering?

It was kinda late for us to go for dinner, and Sibu being Sibu, most of the shops were closed before 10. Or maybe 9, seeing that we drove to a few different places but they were all locked and bolted already. It was only 9.30pm. Heh. We wind up dining at this fancy restaurant called The Ark (or maybe it was Arch) which had a really nice ambience and the foods were scrumptiousss.

Above  Oh, that's just Ee Theng, me and Yoga, trying to be photogenic in the dark. Too bad Kamini's not in the picture.
Below  One of the dishes we ordered. Too hungry that we don't even bother taking pictures after the first dish.

They got me a birthday cake and bought me this 'pure crystal pendant made with Swarovski element' which looks absolutely lovely! Aww...they're just so sweet! *sob sob* Tell you what, even if they lied to me (which I doubt they would) and the pendant is not exactly a pure crystal and it’s just tied to some nickel chain, I’m still gonna wear it proudly because never have I seen them so exuberantly thrilled when they gave me the gift box. Obviously they went through a whole lot of brainstorming to make sure I can bask in the glory of being a birthday girl (even though there was still a few hours before I become one). Uh-huh, it’s the thought that counts!


Above            Yup, that's my pendant. Fit for a 22-year-old..hehe
Below, left    Will you look at that, even great is understatement! 
Below, right  Some of the nonsense things they wrote to goof on me.

Oh, I got a few other birthday presents from my family and other friends too..hehe.. My best friends (I actually have a number of other friends who are also very dear to me) and a few other friends that I didn't really keep in touch with also texted and called just to wish me happy birthday. My life is surrounded by lots and lots of people who loves me, and I don’t think I mind growing old each day now. As long as I have these people to grow old with me. That way, none of them will diss me and call me ‘that old annoying granny’ because they’re old too. Hah!

P/S: Not much picture eh? Most pictures were taken using Yoga's phone and he still hasn't give me the pics yet.
        Hmmh...

No comments:

Post a Comment